Taken after the 1901 Fire probably from High Rock and before the Condensery was built in 1908 but probably much closer to 1901; tall white building would be the new Odd Fellows Hall built in 1901 on North Lewis Street. S. A. Buck’s Monroe Mill Company is at far right. Note the river channel is running further to the north at this time. The cut in the hills behind Monroe was made for the Great Northern tracks and the gravel was used for fill in the tracks. Scanned at 600 ppi for greater detail when viewed on computer screen. 6/05

Henry A. (Babe) Dennis; 9/76; 7x5 m; O; M